The Ultimate Chicken Fried Steak Recipe with Gravy - Mom On Timeout
The Ultimate Chicken Fried Steak is fried to golden excellence and topped with the creamiest gravy you can imagine, sure to quickly become a family favorite. It's difficult to think of a more ultimate Southern meal than Chicken Fried Steak and Gravy. The difficult part is deciding whether you wish to make it for breakfast or dinner. My household can't get enough of these tender steaks with that delightful crispy, crispy coating. And the gravy? Heaven! Enjoy this remarkable supper with some of my Nana's green beans and the BEST supper rolls.
Chicken Fried Steak
I figured it was about time I share one of my all-time preferred recipes with you guys. I have been consuming this Southern food classic for as long as I can remember. My Nana is the first one that presented me to this delightful recipe. (Big surprise there-- she basically presented me to all of my favorites ...) This recipe is an adjustment of hers-- or, at least, as I remember it and I'm quite sure she 'd agree, that this really is the finest chicken fried steak dish out there.
Chicken Fried Steak: Breakfast or Supper?
There is nothing quite like chicken fried steak when it concerns flexibility. We love serving it for supper with mashed potatoes and gravy and my Nana's Green Beans to even everything out ... Orrr, if it's breakfast we're craving, serving this yumminess with a couple warm side up eggs and hash browns always works.
My young boys often purchase chicken fried steak when we're out for breakfast but the important things is, it's extremely easy to make in the house! Now, I've tried great deals of subpar recipes in my life time but believe me, this is not one of them.
I have actually developed the ULTIMATE recipe that goes just completely with a rich, creamy gravy that little ole steak is just pleading to be smothered in.
How to Correctly Season and Flavor
Every layer of this Chicken Fried Steak dish is seasoned to excellence. The steaks are seasoned with salt and pepper, the flour mix is skilled with herbs and spices, and even the buttermilk and egg batter is experienced with TABASCO ® Sauce.
TABASCO ® Sauce is a staple in our home (the original is our preferred) and my earliest wants it with and in every.single.recipe. I enjoy the additional taste it contributes to this recipe and if you're stressed over it being spicy, do not. It really does not include any heat to the dish as much as it highlights the other tastes in the meal.
If you want to, you can constantly bump up the heat by adding in another teaspoon or so of TABASCO ® Sauce, or, you can constantly simply include a dash or 2 to the top of your steak. That's how my Grandfather ate his and Reece and Chris do the very same.
So, if you're not knowledgeable about chicken fried steak or nation fried steak, let me clean up any confusion ...
Why is it called Chicken Fried Steak?
Chicken Fried Steak is not made with chicken. Period. No chicken to be discovered. It's called this since the steak is breaded and fried just like you would a piece of chicken. Chicken Fried Steak is made with cube steak that you discover currently tenderized at your supermarket.
The steak is dug up in a seasoned flour mixture, dipped in a buttermilk and egg mixture and after that back into the flour one last time. It's fried to golden excellence and topped with the creamiest, tastiest gravy you have actually ever attempted. Some might even say that the gravy is the finest part Do not Forget the Gravy!
There are a couple of tricks to the finest Chicken Fried Steak Gravy.
Now, I go into detail in my instructions listed below but I wish to highlight a couple of steps here that I desire you to pay close attention to before making this dish.
Tips for the very best Chicken Fried Steak Recipe
Refer to the video if you have anymore concerns or leave me a comment below. I 'd love to understand what you think when you give it a try!
Favorite Household Dinners
The Ultimate Chicken Fried Steak
- Keyword chicken fried steak, country fried steak 4 cube steaks(about 1/3 pound each) 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 2 tsp fresh ground black pepper, divided 2 tsp kosher salt or sea salt, divided 1/2 tsp smoked paprika1/2 tsp onion powder 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp baking powder 1 1/2 cups
- buttermilk 2 tsps TABASCO ® Sauce(original)2 eggs 1 cup veggie oil Chicken Fried Steak Gravy In a shallow bowl, blend together flour, one teaspoon black pepper, one teaspoon salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, baking soda, and baking powder. Reserve. In a different shallow bowl, whisk together buttermilk, TABASCO
- ® Sauce, and eggs . Reserve. Pat cube steaks dry
- with a paper towel, eliminating as much wetness as possible. Season with one teaspoon of salt and one teaspoon of pepper. Let sit for 5 minutes and pat dry once again with paper towel. Dig up the cube steaks in the flour mixture, shaking off excess, then dredge in the buttermilk-egg mixture, letting excess drip off, and after that as soon as again in the flour mixture, shaking off excess. Place breaded cube steaks on a sheet pan or metal rack and press any of the staying flour mix into the cube steaks making sure that the whole steak is completely covered
- . Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 225 to 250 F. Meanwhile, heat veggie oil in a heavy frying pan or
- large cast iron skillet over medium high heat
- . Just how much oil you need depends on the size of your frying pan. You want it to be about 1/4-inch deep. Wearen't deep frying the steaks, just shallow frying. Test the oil by dropping a little bit of the breading into in. The oil should sizzle and bubble around the breading. Search for the oil to be glowing however not cigarette smoking-about 320-340 degrees F. Now we're ready to fry. Place 2 steaks into the pan at a time and fry for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or up until golden brown. Do not turn more than when or the breading will fall off. Do not fry more than two steaks or the pan will be too congested and the breading will fall off.
This content was originally published here.